As much as we lament about the media's failure to cover the stories of real people and real events and stories that constantly go under the radar, we still have to depend on them for our answers.
Either that, or we can take the citizen journalism approach and get the answers from the people on our own.
Thus, I'm posting here a series of short questions that I would love for all of my readers to answer; either here in a public forum, or privately messaged to me if you don't want to share your answers with everyone else.
All of the questions below are simply meant to gauge public opinion about reforming our nation's health care system, and what people feel should be done. The more answers I get, the better conclusion I can come to. I'll make sure I share these answers and my own conclusion after I've gotten enough information. If you feel you must send me your answers privately, I will keep your answers confidential. Answer away!
1. Do you feel our health care system needs reform? If yes, what is the best approach?
2. Do you support a free, taxpayer-funded insurance option? Why or why not?
3. Do you or your family use Medicare? If not, why?
4. Are you insured? If yes, how expensive is your coverage? Does it cover you and your family adequately? If you aren't insured, why?
5. What is your biggest complaint about hospital service? How would you go about fixing that problem?
6. If you are uninsured, how do you finance your medical bills?
7. Do you trust private insurance companies to have your best interests at heart? Why or why not?
8. Do you feel Medicare is adequate as a program? Why or why not?
9. There are 40,000,000+ uninsured citizens currently in the USA. What would you say to those who want, but cannot afford a private insurance plan?
10. There are close to 14,000 people each day that lose their health insurance coverage. What reforms would you implement to make sure people don't lose their insurance?
Take your time, and send me your answers either by responding below or messaging them to me in private! I'll compile my results and come to a conclusion sometime next week.
Friday Thoughts and Links
8 years ago